The Healing Flows with Ambi Shantay

by Terry Watson | September 18th, 2017
The Healing Flows with Ambi Shantay

Who is Ambi Shantay? Ambi Shantay is my brand but I also wear a lot of hats. I am a wife, a mother, a daughter, minister, a visionary-and with all those hats, I have to be somebody different in each role. I am the person you want to call on the phone and ask for […]

Failure….The Seeds To Success

Demetra Moore | July 14th, 2017
Failure….The Seeds To Success

Life is full of ups and downs and sometimes has a few sideways thrown in too. When things go wrong or don’t go as planned, it throws us off balance and we doubt ourselves. After all, who likes feeling like a failure? Life throws challenges, and we can’t control everything, nor should we try. It […]

Gentlemen R US

by Terry Watson | July 14th, 2017
Gentlemen R US

Ellsworth D. Best is a man of great humility and honor. He successfully served the U.S. Federal Government for over 35years at the Department of Justice with the FBI. The characteristics of that time honored organization only reflected his own, which are Integrity Honesty and Character. Among many accomplishments and accolades, his is most proud […]

Dr. Sharita Mathis-Lawson

Dr. Sharita Mathis-Lawson

Self motivated, committed, driven, creative, an out the box thinker. These are just a few ways to describe Sharita Mathis-Lawson, a single mother of four who has recently obtained a doctor of philosophy in leadership studies from North Carolina A&T State University. “I am a goal setter who is always trying to be better than […]

Kenyan Weaks

Safiya Nelson | July 14th, 2017
Kenyan Weaks

Shooting, by far is one of the most critical aspects of basketball. Teaching players, especially young players, the correct way to hold and shoot a basketball is a lost art. A lot of personal trainers focus on the players overall game. They do tons of drills, which is good, but rarely do they take the […]

Carolyn Marshall Covington

Carolyn Marshall Covington (Photos by Insightful Visionaries)

Carolyn Marshall Covington is a dedicated business professional with an expertise in salon/spa ownership, management and personal empowerment. She has passionately served the beauty industry for over 40 years, employing over 1500 people, many of which have achieved great success in their own right as entrepreneurs, celebrity stylist and educators. Carolyn has always been considered […]

Shae Ramirez

Shae Ramirez

I’m the wife of a man who lives with Crones Disease, and a mother to six beautifully young women all with unique personalities.  Over the years I have become a respected business woman, a dedicated community servant, and patron to the arts.  I feel that I genuinely relate to the diversities at the  heart of […]

Erika Ellis-Stewart

by Terry Watson | May 17th, 2017
Erika Ellis-Stewart

Ericka Ellis-Stewart is a servant leader who embodies the trait of tenacious advocacy. For nearly 20 years, she has been on the forefront of many of the social issues facing the Charlotte community (health and human services, crime, social justice, diversity and inclusion, education, housing, etc.). Ms. Ellis-Stewart’s actions and involvement show that she is […]

Dr. Marrissa Dick

Dawn Cauthen-Thornton | March 17th, 2017
Dr. Marrissa Dick

Dr. Marrissa Dick leads a triple life that keeps her busy around the clock and can even take her into the wee hours of the morning. They’re all fulfilling but require a lot of knowledge, work and dedication. Her two main lives consist of teaching college students about the world we live in, including the […]

Shannon Nicole

by Alana Allen | March 17th, 2017
Shannon Nicole

Shannon Nicole is a courageous, fearless, inspirational speaker and most of all she is an advocate for victims of sexual violence. For more than 15 years, she has overcome many trials and tribulations that she endured at a very young age such as witnessing domestic violence in her home, being molested from the age of […]