Carolyn Marshall Covington

by Terry Watson | July 14th, 2017
Carolyn Marshall Covington (Photos by Insightful Visionaries)

Carolyn Marshall Covington is a dedicated business professional with an expertise in salon/spa ownership, management and personal empowerment. She has passionately served the beauty industry for over 40 years, employing over 1500 people, many of which have achieved great success in their own right as entrepreneurs, celebrity stylist and educators. Carolyn has always been considered […]

Shae Ramirez

by Terry Watson | July 14th, 2017
Shae Ramirez

I’m the wife of a man who lives with Crones Disease, and a mother to six beautifully young women all with unique personalities.  Over the years I have become a respected business woman, a dedicated community servant, and patron to the arts.  I feel that I genuinely relate to the diversities at the  heart of […]

Erika Ellis-Stewart

by Terry Watson | May 17th, 2017
Erika Ellis-Stewart

Ericka Ellis-Stewart is a servant leader who embodies the trait of tenacious advocacy. For nearly 20 years, she has been on the forefront of many of the social issues facing the Charlotte community (health and human services, crime, social justice, diversity and inclusion, education, housing, etc.). Ms. Ellis-Stewart’s actions and involvement show that she is […]

Dr. Marrissa Dick

Dawn Cauthen-Thornton | March 17th, 2017
Dr. Marrissa Dick

Dr. Marrissa Dick leads a triple life that keeps her busy around the clock and can even take her into the wee hours of the morning. They’re all fulfilling but require a lot of knowledge, work and dedication. Her two main lives consist of teaching college students about the world we live in, including the […]

Shannon Nicole

by Alana Allen | March 17th, 2017
Shannon Nicole

Shannon Nicole is a courageous, fearless, inspirational speaker and most of all she is an advocate for victims of sexual violence. For more than 15 years, she has overcome many trials and tribulations that she endured at a very young age such as witnessing domestic violence in her home, being molested from the age of […]

Sheleta Mason

by Terry Watson | March 17th, 2017
Sheleta Mason

She is a mighty woman of God who is walking boldly and firmly in His blessings and favor. She knows who she is and whom she belongs to. Her faith an unwavering commitment to her saviour is obvious and equally evident with everything that she does. Plain and simply said, Sheleta Mason is a child […]

Travis Moore

by Terry Watson | March 17th, 2017
Travis Moore

Travis Moore

Travis Moore is enjoying his journey in the entertainment business. Known for his first leading male role, as Devlin Straightlin, in the indie film “The Present” by Terry D. Films, Travis realizes that nothing is too hard for God. His most recent role as Marlin Brown, on TV One’s Fatal Attraction, was his debut on national television. Travis’s face can be seen in Rite-Aid pharmacies across the nation via posters, brochures and web media. In addition, he has worked with various clients such as Lowes Home Improvement, IBM, Lenovo, Wrangler, SAS and Amtrack, to name a few.

As a little boy, Travis watched his courageous mother, Imogene Moore, defy excuses by raising both he and his little brother, Trevor, as a single parent with no complaints. It was her work ethic that has shaped and molded his, which he models in his career. His mother made it her business to expose her kids to the arts via summer programs, enrichment camps, historic travels and reading.

That inspiration and exposure helped to develop and enhance the gift of his imagination. His mother always talked about the importance of family and what it meant to stay connected. To this day, she inspires him to go above and beyond the call of duty. Being his biggest fan, she would support everything that he was apart of consistently telling him that one day she is going to see him on television doing great things. Travis remembers the simple words she used to say that had the most impact in his life, “Stay humble and positive, son.”

Travis loves every aspect of modeling and acting, but what he likes best is bringing characters and stories to life. “The finished product of a photo shoot, or commercial brings a certain excitement because while in the process you never know what you’re going to get,” he says. This excitement grew a high level of respect within him for producers and directors.

The Fatal Attraction episode has been Travis’ greatest opportunity thus far. It was his debut to national television and has garnered him lots of buzz and attention. Travis gained new insight about the biz and was grateful to network with key players in the industry. He is hoping this piece will be the start of more national work to come.

“People are my inspiration. I do it for the little boy without a father, the adult who has lost hope, and my family so that they can believe that anything is possible.” Travis has so many people who motivate him to keep living his dreams: his family, church (Power House of Deliverance), and community. One of his goals is to live out the words of his Pastor, Bishop Washington, “Make me a blessing so that I can bless someone else.”

Travis is a proud native of Greensboro, North Carolina graduating from both Dudley High School and North Carolina A&T State University. He resides in North Carolina with his beautiful wife of ten years, Natalya, and two wonderful daughters, Zoey and Zion. His passion is mentoring young men by challenging them to believe that if anyone can do it, they can. Travis stands on the principle that “the steps of a good man are ordered by the Lord, and he delights in his way.” – Psalm 37:24. Everything in life is about God’s timing. With projects lining up for 2017, Travis is looking forward to bigger and better opportunities coming his way.

Duncan Butler

Duncan Butler | January 17th, 2017
Duncan Butler

Duncan Alson Butler was born in Greensboro, North Carolina. He comes from a family that is musically talented which attributes to his music ability. Butler’s father, the late Charles Alson Butler, recorded several gospel songs with the King Stars Quartet. His mother and siblings have been involved in music as music teachers, church musicians, and […]

The Biting Spiders’ New Diet

Farrah Mitchell | January 17th, 2017
The Biting Spiders’ New Diet

The Biting Spiders’ New Diet, is a children’s book about a timid, black widow spider named Wendy who sets out to save fellow spiders from extinction by persuading them to change their DIETS. She must also find a way to rescue her captive parents who are being held in an exhibit by their local zoo’s […]

Lateka Carter

by Terry Watson | January 17th, 2017
Lateka Carter

Lateka S. Carter is synergistically gifted and driven to produce and provoke change. She is a Filmmaker, Empowerment Speaker, Host/Radio Personality and Author. She has written her first book entitled, “Transition You in 90 days” to help others transition from the inside-out into a healthier, self-sufficient, and balanced person living life to the fullest with […]